Platelet-Rich Plasma, or PRP treatment as it also known, is one of the most sought-after breakthroughs in the hair loss medical field. A revelation in the medical industry, PRP helps treat hair loss in male and female patients, whatever type of hair loss is present. It also treats the causes of hair loss in female and male patients as well as the symptoms.
This is a non-surgical procedure that’s both quick and painless. After a local anaesthetic is administered, doctors draw a small quantity of your blood. The blood is placed in a centrifuge to separate the protein-rich platelets that are the natural stimulants for hair growth.
Using a thin needle, your own platelet-rich plasma is injected into the scalp. From there, the growth factors in your blood cells do their job, and hair growth is naturally stimulated.
Blood plasma contains active growth factors that can promote hair growth. Helping to restore your confidence, the end result is a fuller, healthier looking head of hair.
PRP treatment is often used in conjunction with laser treatments, micro needling hair transplant procedures and hair loss medication. Visible results can be seen from as early six weeks after this hair loss treatment.
Why Consider PRP Treatment?
This procedure helps to revive the hair follicles and encourage subsequent growth. There are multiple advantages to PRP treatment, including the following:
- No down time. It only takes about an hour to treat someone using PRP. Recovery takes just 12 hours, making this a simple, non-traumatic procedure. Multiple injections are done over the 60 minute procedure, which is safe and reliable.
- Relatively quick results. This procedure can take up to six weeks to reflect, but many patients have shown immediate improvement in hair growth and thickening.
- Post-surgery friendly. People who’ve had hair replacement operations, laser treatments mesotherapy and hair loss medication can use this treatment to speed up the growth process.
- No tests needed. The blood used is your own, eliminating compatibility issues and relieving any concerns of not finding a matching type. Additionally, no pre-tests are needed from your side before treatment commences other than consultations to determine the cause and duration of your hair loss.
- Amazing results. Beautiful, and above all, extremely natural looking end results are enjoyed with this treatment.
Contact Life Hair Restoration Clinic or use the handy form on this page to find out more about the PRP treatment.